Being eco-friendly is definitely not a new trend. But thanks to global movements in recent years, there has been a renewed interest in sustainability. It’s become clear: consumers want to buy in a more conscious, more ecological way, and they also want transparency. This has been reflected in their purchasing behaviour and also in the way they look for products or brands. In fact, in 2021, we have seen an increase of +64% in searches for organic products, +49% in searches for eco-responsible products and +9% in searches for vegan products**, all categories combined, and a marked peak of interest in certain eco-friendly brands:
The boom in clean-beauty products is undeniable, and the following brands are currently experiencing an increase in interest and traffic:
- Love Beauty and Planet: 100% recycled plastic packaging: +650% of clicks in 2021 compared to the same period in 2020**
- Ren: working to reach its “zero waste” goal by the end of 2021: +184% of clicks
- Origins: “Green the Planet” initiative to support biodiversity and restore ecosystems: +55% of clicks
- Aveda: achieved a entirely vegan product line: +30% of clicks
Fashion brands are also placing more emphasis on eco-friendly materials and packaging, as well as encouraging sustainable habits.
- Manduka, the yoga clothing brand popular worldwide: +138% of clicks in 2021**
- Veja, the must-have eco-friendly sneakers: +90% of clicks in 2021
- Nudie Jeans, the Swedish brand that is revolutionising denim: +13% in 2021
**Clicks were calculated over the following periods: from 1 January to 15 April 2021 compared to the same period in 2020 for searches for eco-responsible, organic and vegan products and for brands in the beauty categories. For fashion brands, clicks were analysed from 1 January to 17 February 2021 and then compared to the period from 1 March to 17 April 2021.